Sunday, May 27, 2007

365/365

Well this is it. The final post of this 365 blog, a blog committed to seeking out the good stuff in each day, the fine details of life, the stuff to be thankful for. Whether in the dancing specks of dust in the sunlight streaming through windows, or in the beauty of good food, in enjoying fine company, in moments of joy in a day, in moments that remain even when there seems to be no good at all in a day, all these moments have made up my life for the last year. It has felt good to record them. It has been good to have to sit here and type positive things into a computer to remind myself there is always stuff to be thankful for. It has been good to remember that I have someone to thank.

Today it was the simplicity of sitting on a sofa on a rainy day reading a book and drinking tea with Lizzi. Life is made of these moments, and if we don't stop and look around in a while we miss out on them. Life in all its pain and struggle still has these glorious shiny details in it. I'm not sure what happens now. I think my long neglected other blog may get some attention now, but maybe in a more attention to detail style way. Whatever happens, I like the fact that this year is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home