Friday, June 23, 2006

28/365



Tomorrow I'll be near here. My favourite place in the world. The Buttermere valley in the Lake District. There is no other place better for my soul, and I've bagged it for the new earth. If you speak to me nicely I might let you wander the slopes with me. (as if it could ever work like that :-) There will be many moments out in the lakes, many reminders of the nature of life, the Big God we have and fun times with friends. Sadly I can never escape my sin, but there will be many reminders of grace and rest for my soul. Small dance. (I'll tell you all about them when I get back)

Here's a better reason why I love it so:

"The world we bring not here; we leave
Behind it's stormy passions, and its strife:
All that compels the noble mind to grieve
The trifles and the meannesses of life;
For in this spot where God is all in all
The world appears immeasurably small."
(C.D.Bell)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy dancing here to, roll on tomorrow=:)

23/6/06 8:56 pm  
Blogger Ed Goode said...

since you've got lakes can i have the sea? particulaly fishermans beach in south eastern australia.

iwannagotherenow

24/6/06 11:27 pm  
Blogger becci brown said...

i wanna go anywhere but here. now.

24/6/06 11:30 pm  
Blogger Welshie said...

come on guys. WALES!

25/6/06 10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home