Monday, January 29, 2007

250/365

365's are weird. Too often I find it easy to read through others and feel inadequate as to my own social life, friendships and good times had. (Now obviously I'm way too self obsessed but we knew that anyway.) This week I'm going to attempt paying attention to the detail that has little to do with how much fun I've had with others, quality of conversations or other such things. I'm going to attempt to dig a bit deeper. This may result in some fairly random stuff but it'll be interesting trying.

Anyway. Today's is supplied by the stretch of track just past Haywards Heath on the way up to London, the train heads out of the cutting and onto a viaduct. Either side are lush views into a beautiful green valley. This was accentuated today by the sun streaming through big black clouds. That's detail for you.

6 Comments:

Blogger becci brown said...

thats kind of the point of 365 originally rather than social diary like detail which many (including myself!) do more of...both are obviosuly cool however..whatever works and all that. oh ok im gonna shut up now. haha

29/1/07 10:24 pm  
Blogger ANNA said...

I LOVE that bit of the train track, although worryingly I always wonder what it would be like to bungee jump off it?!! I HATE heights so no clue what thats all about.
XxxX

30/1/07 3:14 pm  
Blogger OddBabble said...

yeah, the thing is, I'm too shallow to find joy in things like that. I'd probably just stand on it. My joy comes from people. Friends have complained that my 365 is like a 'look at how great I am with all my friends and my social whirl of a lifestyle!' but you've got to remember that the 365 is only for the good stuff. That's why I've been tempted to write a sister blog called yesiteffingis because it's not my real life. But the point is to write what's good and what you're thankful for, and I'm constantly, desperatley thankful for the people. So that's what I write about. Defensive? Moi??

31/1/07 8:59 am  
Blogger Kath said...

back to us being individuals and getting different stuff out of this life, I need to get back to the details that are random and stop gettting jealous of others social lives... and the point of 365's is in the author (to get a little post modern)... No restrictions, either the stuff that brings joy or the random details...

31/1/07 10:25 am  
Blogger becci brown said...

whatever works and all that. to find joy. however one finds it. just find the joy and share the love. woo

31/1/07 3:55 pm  
Blogger Rachel's blog said...

(Sharp intake of breath)

I just wrote a blog about how I'd been struck by blog insecurity over this whole 365 thing. And now I read that other too suffer the affliction of wondering if their 365 cuts it.

This might be my moment of the day. But you'll have to check back later to find out!

7/10/07 3:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home