Tuesday, September 19, 2006

116/365

Psalm 88. This is in the inspired word of the living and true God. It's OK to feel like this. It's ok to rant and rave and cry. I'm sure Stephen Fry would agree.

13 But I cry to you for help, O LORD;
in the morning my prayer comes before you.
14 Why, O LORD, do you reject me
and hide your face from me?
15 From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death;
I have suffered your terrors and am in despair.
16 Your wrath has swept over me;
your terrors have destroyed me.
17 All day long they surround me like a flood;
they have completely engulfed me.
18 You have taken my companions and loved ones from me;
the darkness is my closest friend.

(and that's the last verse, no nice rounding things up with a happy ending praising the Lord.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home